Subject: [Leica] December 2007 LUG Photo Contest results
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sat Jan 5 14:27:10 2008

I think it is a very good picture. For me it is better than the first
price on the contest.
The clutter is just every day stuff we all have. For me it adds to the
feeling of real life. This is real life and not staged.
The man is ill, that's for sure.  But he is at home which is the best
place to be. He might be terminal. The woman is his wife. Otherwise she
wouldn't be siting in a chair and she is not ill but not really young
either. Therefore she is taking care of her husband.
For me this the the ultimate caring. Take care of your loved one while
you are old your self.
That the sharpness is not cutting edge does not bother me a all. For me
sharpness is the last I look at. That the skin tone is the same as the
wall doesn't bother me either. I can see his face, that's all what
counts for me. A lower standpoint would have emphasized the size of the
bed. I'm not sure if that would have benefit the picture.
For me this is the ultimate picture of love and caring. Taking care of
your spouse at home while being old your self is for me the ultimate act
of sacrifice and love.
It's my interpretation of course, might be true or not. But it is what I
see in this picture and it really touched me.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema