Subject: [Leica] The Tele elmarit 135 Is So A Real Pooch of a Lens
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Fri Jan 4 14:37:14 2008

Hi Buzz,

There were three versions.
First one only for M.
Second version for M and R but this version seems to be very close to
version 1. Therefore I call this version 1/2.
Version 3 for M and R are the same optical. So, performance wise the R
and M lens are the same! Please check
here:http://www.imx.nl/photo/download.html
and download Erwin's book. (and make a donation)
I'm working on a project with very low light for which I sometimes need
a longer focal length. The 135/2.8 is the only choice. I know the Tele
elmar is better but every stop counts even when using fast film.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema