Subject: [Leica] BRRR!!
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Jan 3 20:43:30 2008

At 07:59 PM 1/3/2008, Jim Hemenway wrote:
 >An invigorating 3 F this morning in Eastern Massachusetts.
 >
 >So cold that taxicab drivers in Boston were getting treatment for
 >frostbite on their middle fingers.
 >
 >So cold that airline screeners were putting their hands into their own
 >pockets.
 >
 >So cold that King Kong climbed the Statue of Liberty just to sit on the
 >torch.
 >
 >So cold that our conversation froze in mid-air. We had to take the ice
 >indoors and melt it so we could hear what we were talking about.
 >
 >So cold that the light rays from the sun froze above the clouds and we
 >had to get into the freezer to get warm.
 >
 >So cold that even the celebrities stopped worrying about global warming.

It is a salutary thing for you that you've never
camped out in -40 deg F (-40 deg C) weather.  It teaches you a thing or two

My son works construction in Anchorage.  They are
spared really nasty temperatures by being close
to the Cook Inlet but, still, their temperatures
tend to be rather below zero C and sometimes below zero F this time of year.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] BRRR!!)