Subject: [Leica] [WTB] Summicron 35mm f/2 3rd or 4th version
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jan 3 15:03:14 2008

> If resell value is a concern of yours, I think Zeiss ZM lenses will
> hold value at least as Leica's
>
> ed a

Yea they'll be doing this for at least another two years before they give up
or come out with their own mount again. Zeiss has it's fingers in at least
10 major pies look at their website.
http://www.zeiss.com/photo
:
Sony (ZA)
Nokia
Zeiss Ikon (ZM)
SLR-lenses (ZF, ZK, ZS)
Hasselblad (ZV)
ALPA
Rollei
Sinar
Contax
Arri (Arnold & Richter)
Band Pro Film & Digital
VISIONMES
Interferometry
Lens Testing Technologies
" microprocessing of materials, the production of plates for the printing
industry, digital aerial photos, space applications, industrial image
processing and coordinate metrology."

Our most important and real photographic  investment is our body of work.
How many of those negs and captures we dig up in our negative binders or
Lightroom or Bridge views were made with the best technique.

The best film and developers or capture cards and sensors and the best glass
and the lowest optimal ISO's with optimal bracing. (stability)

And which are not looking so good on our new 24 inch printer we just got for
a grand and a half?

... and we are glad we didn't use too slow a shudder speed or a lens too
cheap to be used wide open.

When I first started out I shot everything on ISO 32 Panatomic X  in
Beutlers on a Nikon FE2 with a 105 2.5 lens. In the early 80s. (or
Kodachrome)
Then in the late 80''s I started using zooms and faster tab grain films.
My negs turned to MUSH I tell you!!!!

I sure enjoy every time I'm working with the 80's thin negs with prime
glass. The tones just separate right out and the grain is never an issue.

Then I got into Leica in the early 90's.  And Xtol.
And didn't much burn film I'd regret.
(burn means shoot which means expose, in a good way).

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com