Subject: [Leica] [WTB] Summicron 35mm f/2 3rd or 4th version
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu Jan 3 14:49:13 2008

Jeffery Smith writes:

> Guys, it would have been easy to recommend the top of the line Leica lens
> had he said that price was no object. But price was an object, and Leica
> lenses, the best ones in particular, hold their value very well. Anything I
> say can be made to look foolish if you take it completely out of context. I
> thought I made that clear when I prefaced it with "Exactly in your price
> range" in the preceding sentence. This isn't an attack on Leica quality or
> statement that Zeiss is better than Leica at any cost. I thought it was the
> best he could get in his price range. It that wasn't clear, then I hope
> this
> clears up that point of confusion.
>
> Sheeeze!!!!!

I've got to agree with Jeffery on the choice of glass. The next best glass
for an M camera to Leica glass is the Zeiss ZM glass.

The 25/2.8 is an exceptional performer. It sales price makes it a bargain
(relatively). I don't care where its made and I don't think that matters as
it is reflected in the price.

For someone starting out with a Leica camera with a limited budget Zeiss
glass makes sense. If you can buy a used Zeiss 35 from a reputable seller
and keep it in good condition it will hold its value.

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] [WTB] Summicron 35mm f/2 3rd or 4th version)
Message from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] [WTB] Summicron 35mm f/2 3rd or 4th version)