Subject: [Leica] [WTB] Summicron 35mm f/2 3rd or 4th version
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jan 2 20:50:35 2008

> Get this. Exactly in your price range, and the optics don't get any better.
>
> http://www.adorama.com/ZI352BS.html

A little insincere in the hype department:

A passion ready for the challenge " For our lens designers, the chance to
develop the Carl Zeiss family of T* ZM-mount lenses was a dream come true.
They were free to follow their passion in pursuit of perfection in lens
performance, taking full advantage of our uncompromising symmetric lens
designs. The only limitation was to reserve 15 mm in front of the film for
the TTL exposure metering, commonplace in M-mount cameras. The result is a
complete range of the most advanced M-mount lenses ever made. "

The were free to follow their passion as long as they had it made in Asia
with interchangeable parts from lens to lens and a price point about half
Leica and its own normal price point.
It's not like the guys designing the Contarex system in the early 60s in
which THEY REALLY were able to follow their passions with no regard to price
size or marketing to the masses restrictions.

Sure looks like a Contarex lens in the picture wonder how it feels in
person?

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] [WTB] Summicron 35mm f/2 3rd or 4th version)