Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 52
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jan 1 14:28:29 2008

Hi George, another enjoyable PAW selection. The personal ones echo scenes
many of us know very well. We are still into Christmas
hats here, but "Baby Alive" has been supplanted by iPods and the like.
20 is a fine casual portrait. I have a feeling that this young woman is a
vital and interesting character.
The snow photographs are calendar studies.
11 is my favourite. Beyond the fine composition of the pine and slope, there
is subtle colour and tone in the clouds against the
clear sky.
14 for that elegant chevron of shadowed snow covered rocks
19 for those icy twigs against the softer snow on the pines.

Cheers
Geoff