Subject: [Leica] [IMG]PESO - Aldbourne Church
From: mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope)
Date: Mon Dec 31 02:53:30 2007

Thanks to everyone that commented on this shot.

Philippe, the ISO setting was actually 640 and the shutter speed was
1/60 sec. As far as the tonal balance was concerned, I tried very hard
to not let the highlights blow out and I wanted to retain detail in the
stained glass.  This was at the expense of the lower mid-tones.  I
tried altering the curve to improve this, but it just looked unnatural.

I hope I got the balance right.  The print I made looks very nice: now that
I've replenished the CIS and the darned thing isn't spitting gobs of
ink at random on my prints :-(.

Happy new year everybody

All the best

Mark Pope