Subject: [Leica] Leica Oskar Barnack Award (LOBA)
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Sun Dec 30 07:06:45 2007

I don't know about Beethoven, but Da Vinci and
Rembrandt were most certainly trained in a
apprenticeship system, and Rembrandt a guild member
who further trained his own.

Not to defend the rigidity of the traditional guild
system, but there's something to be said for the
mastery of craft as measured against pure self
indulgence.

lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org