Subject: [Leica] 1936 Summar
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sat Dec 29 09:07:03 2007

Leonard Taupier wrote:
These two photos are beautiful. The colors are nice and vivid. What I
like about the photos is they are sharp and have a hint of softness
at the same time. This is a great combination for portraits. I have
been looking for a Summar but they are either too expensive or are in
horrible shape.

Thanks, Len.  I found mine in a local shop for $70 a few years ago.  I
bought it right away because it was pretty much free of haze and had been
coated at some point.   It's still flare-prone compared to modern glass but
it's surprisingly sharp, and the flare can often be controlled in PS.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov) ([Leica] 1936 Summar)