Subject: [Leica] OT: Monitors - your preferences?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Dec 28 17:49:30 2007

At 05:40 PM 12/28/2007, you wrote:
>Well, it's finally time to buy a new monitor.  It should be calabratable (if
>that's a word) and be of reasonable quality.
>Ben Marks

Ben -  I have an Eizo 24" Wide LCD that I love.  It calibrates
perfectly and holds the calibration for months.  It wasn't cheap, though:
http://peripherals.about.com/od/displaysmonitors/fr/eizoce240w.htm

At the farm, I have a refurbished Dell 24" Wide LCD.  It also
calibrates perfectly and it was very, very cheap - 1/10 the price of
the Eizo.  When it comes right down to it, I can work with either
screen.  I prefer the contrast and brightness of the Eizo.  The Dell
is almost too bright, but I can certainly live with it!

Hope this helps.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI