Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAWeek 51 and back to blog
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Dec 27 14:25:24 2007

George, I like very much your blog photograph. Not just the colour
composition, but also there are marvellous textures and sheens
across the paint(red and black) as well as the oil spectrum. The haiku is a
bonus.
I'm a little ambivalent regarding the PAW shot, the shapes and textures are
cool, but the centre "eyes" sort of look like cut-outs
in some odd effect, maybe because of the area of even granular tone?
In the alternates, the snow and ice are quietly poetic (as with all of your
ice wonders!). I do especially like the shrouded boats
for the sharp outlines, the driftwood , look at the striated effect in the
reflections, marvellous. (but it ain't straight!)
46, 52 & 55 for the strong colour accents, 58 is a big wow for the same. It
actually looks as though the snow is slightly pink,
which is probably a reflection or illusion from the dominant hydrant shape.
188 marvellous also. Many others worthy of comment, but maybe I should leave
some for others!

Cheers
Geoff