Subject: [Leica] Christmas Surprises! :-)
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Mon Dec 24 21:52:16 2007

You definitely get, not just one, but two attaboys from me.
All the best this holiday season,
Slobodan Dimitrov

On Dec 24, 2007, at 9:42 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

Hi Crew,

There are surprises of all kinds, good, bad and ugly. Then there are
really
big completely unexpected nice surprises! :-) Christmas or otherwise.

Doorbell rang, I'm not expecting anyone but there was a stranger
holding a
large envelope and as he handed it to me he said. "This is a special
delivery from BRAVO TV! They were hoping I could get it here for
Christmas
as a surprise." He smiled and with that he said, "Merry Christmas" and
hurried to his car. Ready?

And drove away in a bright red Honda!:-)

Some of you may re-call last year I mentioned being approached by
BRAVO TV
wishing to do an hour documentary about my life as a photojournalist.

Little did I know it would be over a year in production start to
finish. So
here I am sort of stunned. More than usual:-)

It was a DVD of the finished documentary ready to air on the
network! :-)

I've looked at it and it's difficult to see the key board because the
emotions are running rather high.

I knew they had interviewed a number of people whom I've photographed or
been involved with over the years.

However when a previous Prime Minister of Canada and his wife were
interviewed it kind of shakes one a tad.

Quite frankly I'm humbled beyond words by the comments of the many
interviewees. Simply because you never realize how they related to
you as a
person and your photography.

My son came up with, "Gee you don't hear those kinds of remarks
unless it's
a wake!" :-)

It will be on air early 2008 entitled, "Ted Grant-The Art of
Observation."

"Yes ted there really is a Santa Clause!" :-)

Have a happy one everybody! :-)

ted Grant