Subject: [Leica] IMG: les aveugles
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Dec 23 13:44:41 2007

Steve, this is by way of an alternate viewpoint.
We can see what Philippe set out to do with the photograph and I think it
does accomplish that. I like the relationship of the four
heads' positions. The hand at bottom left has been mentioned, but I think
that, since it happened, Philippe has certainly left it
there for a reason. It would have been trivial to remove. Since it has
entered the frame, it can be seen as inferring another person
passing by in the gallery without looking.
Of course, it is all to tell a story implying that the painting is
underappreciated. I have no doubt that you could convey the
opposite by choosing when to press the shutter button. The magic of
photographic storytelling!

Cheers Geoff