Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: les aveugles, now IMG: bien gardé
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Dec 22 17:47:08 2007

Hi Michiel,

I think it's the combination of the two that makes it work.
Just before I made it, the 2nd girl looked to the left. That was what
I wanted to shoot.
But I'm too rusty at focusing my MP: I don't use it enough anymore to
keep proper prefocusing in my fingertips.
So I stood there for about 30 seconds in the Orsay framing these
ladies until they would repeat that stance again.
Which didn't happen before they broke their formation.
Thus I had to content myself with this one.

I went shooting crazy last weekend in Paris, though. 6 rolls on 2
days, that must be my all time record.
I never was a multi shooter.

Underestimating the effect of a CV15 and bad exposure compensation
lead to a lot of throw aways. (Yes, I'm very rusty now I'm using the
D200 most of the time.)
But some 30 are worthy, and I'll post some more of them in the coming
days.

Man, did I have fun with my M!
Found my pal back.
Must be the Luigi case and hand strap that made the difference.
Now, it's not only ergonomically perfect, but also a pleasure to hold
in your hands.
Also, being left eyed, I always have part of my nose and cheek pushed
to the back of the camera.
Being kinda smell and tactile sensitive, I never loved the smell and
feel of the vulcanite.
But I love the smell and feel of fine leather. :-)

This is another one form the Orsay that I'm proud of. Scan is
straight from the negative, no cropping or optimalisation:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/phorlent/F1000023.JPG.html>
MP, Canadian 35 Summicron, Fuji NPC 160.

Amicalement,
Philippe

Op 23-dec-07, om 01:58 heeft Michiel Fokkema het volgende geschreven: