Subject: [Leica] Whither digital images as well?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat Dec 22 17:22:58 2007

Wow.

Not surprising.

The "more complex" method is not always the cheaper method.  And I won't
even dare get into a value-discussion about which is "better."

The "good old film" method has a lot of hidden benefits behind it - and I'm
sure many of you who try to manage your own digital libraries have come to
realize that while managing shoe-boxes of negatives takes diligence,
managing gigabytes of files takes even more diligence.

And personally, I'd rather manage the shoe-boxes of negatives.  It sits
there patiently waiting for me, if I can't get around to it.  My hard drive
doesn't "wait for me", especially if it fails or malfunctions.

I personally don't think film will die.  Ironically, it may re-emerge as a
cost effective, quality archival storage method for digital data.

...Vick