Subject: [Leica] IMG: Late Night Patterns
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Dec 20 15:09:07 2007

Leonard Taupier offered:
Sent: Wednesday, December Subject: [Leica] IMG: Late Night Patterns

>>>I was just sitting in my living room listening to some music when I
glanced over at my half darkened hallway. I visualized a picture in

my mind so I went and got my camera and this is what came out. I don't
usually take photos like this so I don't know if it's

worthwhile or a waste of time. But it's what my mind saw. Please
comment.<<<<

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/Nikon/LateNight.jpg.html>

or

 <http://tinyurl.com/yo97nd%3c%3c> http://tinyurl.com/yo97nd<<

Hi Len,

Sure it's worth while and well executed not to forget interesting. Simply
because it visually moved you to shoot it and many of us to respond.

Better still, you got up from a comfy chair retrieved a camera and took a
photo.Right there is the best part of all!!!!

And the visual motivation feeling we get in our gut sometimes accounts for
some of the best photographs we have ever taken.

Several things happen when we are moved by a visual moment as you explain.

1/ naw it's nothing. :-(

2/we don't want to get up from our comfy couch or chair. :-(

3/We're in the car with a hundred miles of parking space and could easily
stop and shoot. But?? The old one.."Oh jeesh I can't I don't have time and
I'll come back and get it later or WORSE? Get it tomorrow! :-( :-( It'll
never happen in a thousand years, let alone day to day! Trust me been there
and done that routine more times than I care to admit! :-(

Do we always get an interesting photo every time we get a gut re-action?
Nope! But in this case you did and it's an interesting mood, composition and
it works.

And given the low level of light any comments about "grain-noise" whatever,
pass it off as meaningless banter under the light level circumstances
because the shot stands nicely on it's own. Good on you!

Thanks,

ted

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: Late Night Patterns)