Subject: [Leica] I'm Back again - and an URGENT tech question
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Wed Dec 19 12:12:57 2007

Quoth the Brian Reid :

> It's probably a signal timing issue and not a power issue.

You'd know better than I would.

I'm a photojournalist, not a systems guy.

Seagate 250 quit working in box A, so I put it in boxes B, C, and D,
and it didn't work in any of them.  So I plugged it into the mobo as
secondary slave, hooked it to the main power supply, and it worked
fine.

So I left it there, 18 months ago now.  It's fine.

I then put the Seagate 250 I took out of the main box into box A, and
it's still humming along quietly.

I have noted that the USB ports are ALL getting somewhat finicky
lately; I'm not at all sure why. I'm fairly sure this is a hardware
thing, just because of the intermittent flakiness.   I think it's
time for a round with the canned air and some scotchbrite pads on the
cable connections (and maybe some new cables...).

I like some of the new tech stuff, but I don't understand any of it.

"wtf?" is as far as I go; "why?" is someone else's department.
--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] I'm Back again - and an URGENT tech question)