Subject: [Leica] I'm Back again - and an URGENT tech question
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Dec 19 04:53:09 2007

Dear LUG,

Hi again - I supended my membership of the list for a couple of weeks while I
went travelling on business and here we are six or seven weeks later... I
hope
that I haven't missed anything too controversial (not on the LUG, surely)

All that means that my PAW is SERIOUSLY behind, BUT - and here comes the
technical bit - as I was preparing to get re-join yesterday my 250 GB USB
BACKUP
disk went PHUT!! and I seem to have lost about six to nine months of archived
photos - which is pretty much the missing months of PAWs. :-(

The disk, standard a standard Toshiba 250GB, has a light which flashes blue
when
on-line/transferring. It is currently flashing alternately red and blue
which it
normally only does on boot up. It looks like it can't see the USB connection.
The hub claims to be OK, the drivers are recent and all other USB devices
seem
to be OK. Anybody got any smart ideas about how to poke/cajole/caress a
recalcitrant USB connection back into life?

Good to be back - I think ;-)

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] I'm Back again - and an URGENT tech question)
Reply from scheng at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] I'm Back again - and an URGENT tech question)