Subject: [Leica] Speaking of the M9...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Dec 18 21:44:14 2007

> Mark,
>
> You have a 28/1.4? drool. That's a great lens. Since Nikon
> discontinued it, it has become a collector's item. That's a shame.
> The used price, if you can find one, is over double the last new
> price. Pretty soon a Noctilux will be cheaper.
>
> Len

Its got two aspherical chunks of glass in it so I read.
If its pressed or ground I don't know.
Its naturally sweet taste reminds me of wild hickory nuts!

I think of it as my Noctilux for my Nikons. Though Summilux might be more
accurate.
Tis finish beats the finish on the Hammertone LHSA.
They don't make that any more eater, the nikon people; the finish.

Its a little hard to focus manually I try to us AF with it. Don't know why.

And its a monster for an effective 43mm normal field.
I LOVE a true normal like that.

I will get to still use it tough when I get into shooting full frame digital
36x24.

I spent 1700 bucks on it in September 2003.
Its darned classy! Shoots pictures too!

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com