Subject: [Leica] OT: Very OT - removing INKMATE
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Dec 16 13:53:32 2007

LUG:

When I was in California in June, I bought a nice leather jacket from
Territory Ahead's factory outlet store in Santa Barbara.  Since it
has been so warm in SC, I haven't worn the jacket yet.  When I got it
out yesterday, I discovered that it still has the INKMATE anti-theft
button attached to the pocket.  The button has a warning that
tampering with it will release ink that will cause damage.  I looked
it up on the internet and most people recommend using a magnet.  Tom
has a powerful magnet out here at the farm but it doesn't do a thing
to the INKMATE.  Does anybody have any idea how to get this thing
off?  I'm calling Territory Ahead tomorrow but imagine they will tell
me to send the jacket back :-(

Can the LUG rescue me again?  This would be a very nice jacket to
wear while photographing with the M8 and drinking Lagavulin with my
Tilley hat on my head ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI