Subject: [Leica] Re: Film Processing
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sat Dec 15 07:13:00 2007

It's not just the "colour film" result I want, so C-41 never did it for me.

With a slide, I get a true colour first generation positive that I can view
with almost no technology -- a daylight lit window (and a loupe) suffices.

Viewing a digital image requires sophisticated technology with a power
supply. The image is merely a signal, a set of instructions to a particular
machine, not an actual artefact in miniature.

So dwindling E-6 processing scares me. There is still Kodachrome, though,
and I still use it when I can. I think of it as a short-term pain for
long-term gain.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Re: Film Processing)