Subject: [Leica] Speaking of the M9...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Dec 14 14:36:50 2007

Michiel Fokkema wondered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of the M9...

>>>personally I hope the M9 will be a film camera. With the shutter of the

M8/R9. That will be great.<<<<

Hi Michiel,

I really have to ask. Why would you ever hope that it would be a film
camera?

Certainly when film is becoming as scarce as it is? And given the simplicity
and qualities obtainable using digital cameras and ink jet printers? Leica
digital cameras of the future will shake the world again.

I just can't imagine Leica ever, well maybe as a collector item? Sometime
about 50 or so years from now as a "what an M7 felt like" for film/camera
collectors of the day.

But to release some kind of new "film camera these days?" They'd be
absolutely mad given how far behind they are in digital at the moment.

If it happens, I owe you a pint of your favourite ale or a fine bottle of
single malt Scotch! :-) However I'd say, don't hold your breathe! :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Speaking of the M9...)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Speaking of the M9...)