Subject: [Leica] OT:Rivet counters and Anoraks
From: 54moggie at embarqmail.com (Robert Lilley)
Date: Tue Dec 11 05:27:47 2007

I managed printing/graphics for New Jersey Transit for 25 years and was
constantly besieged by 'trolley jollies' along with your right-of-way
variety rail & bus nuts.  I definitely got to know the breed.  In my case
they were looking for timetables and pictures more than anything else.  They
would spend hours drooling over the fact that in September 1967 train
such-and-such made a run out of so-and-so at 6.33 a.m. - talk about esoteric
and arcane (note that I didn't spell out an actual train - I'd be leaving
myself wide open for some rivet counting)!

On the other hand, Douglas you're my man!  I live by Henry Frith's 1895
edition of 'The Romance of Engineering', Ward, Lock & Bowen Limited.
Monuments like the Forth Bridge and the Lake Vyrnwy dam really polish my
buttons!  Well, er, almost as much as the Rover 2000 ice alert amber warning
lamp with its own rheostat!

Rob