Subject: [Leica] ZM 50/2 planar ?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Dec 10 16:25:14 2007

Steve,
It is a good to great lens.  If you already have a Summicron then don't
bother.  If on the other hand you want a smaller lens than the Noctilux and
the Zeiss is available for a better price than the Summicron then that would
be my choice, the Zeiss.

Optically, you would not see much difference between the Leitz and Zeiss
offerings.  If you are trying for a different look then the 50 1.5 Sonnar,
the old LTM Nikkor 1.4, the Canon 50mm 1.2, the much newer Konica 1.2 would
all be near the top of my list to change the fingerprint of my images.