Subject: [Leica] Timeline on the History of Photography
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu Dec 6 09:06:05 2007

Hi, Bob,

I was interested because of some family portraits that I have that date to
1896.  A distant relative mentioned a portrait of an ancestor who died in
the 1860s, but she never provided me a copy.  It seems that Matthew Brady
and his comtempraries in the US got the ball rolling in this country.  Then
George Eastman brought it to the consumer level.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA