Subject: [Leica] 2 must have books!!!!!!!!!!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Dec 5 17:00:46 2007

Douglas Herr: "wild light 1971 to 2007"

Graham Battison: "Northamptonshire: Rose of the Shires"

Many of you are aware these two members of the family have authored new
books. I have just received both and without question are MUST HAVE BOOKS!

Many of us have been on the back's of both these photographers to try and
have a book published or produce one themselves. Well they've done it and
they're smashing.

If you collect or admire photo books these are wonderful and by people we
know! They are a pleasure and it's an honour to add them to my 300 plus
photography book personal library.

One of the interesting items in Doug's book is his anecdotes and stories of
encounters with the wild critters big and small. Add to that, details on
"How to shoot tips." Man you can't go wrong.

But what really makes them work is.. "you can hold them in your hands and
enjoy each picture page without looking at the damn screen where the
feelings you get on paper just doesn't happen on the silver screen.

To both of you gentlemen there's only one phrase that say's it all, "GOOD ON
YOU!" :-)

And with that I must also acknowledge the efforts of Jim Shulman who put
Graham Battison's book together with such style and balance picture for
picture page. Good on you Jim, well done mon ami!

Now all you folks who have yet to buy these books get your buns out the door
or on line and order them..

YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY! Hey these are your screen buddies let us not forget
we support the family concept of the LUG!

ted