Subject: [Leica] Cutting edge photography
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Dec 3 07:53:13 2007

If we can accept: "photographic art which extends our visual
understanding of the world and/or the medium; without losing that
which is inherently photographic (forming an image on a light
sensitive plane with lens or facsimile of a lens - pinhole, etc.).
Then, yes, in my opinion, <http://www.boyofblue.com/cameras/
heart.html> seems to dance pretty close to that edge.

I did not spend a whole lot of time at the site. Yet, it would seem
that this artist is thinking about the subject, the technique for
recording the subject, and the presentation of the ideas in a totally
visual, totally photographic manner, while suggesting fresh ways to
think about the subjects, the medium, and the finished presentation
(apparently all with equal weight).

Additionally, he's doing it while maintaining a sense of aesthetic
beauty, elegance, and purely visual dialogue.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com
www.imagist.com