Subject: [Leica] Opinions on a lens?
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Sat Dec 1 13:09:24 2007

I've recently acquired an old Adox Adrette II with a Schneider Xenon 50mm
f/2
lens in Deckel shutter.  I got the camera for just a few dollars in
non-working condition for the sake of getting a hold of the lens and film
transport to use on one of my many "Frankenstein's monster" camera projects.

Does anyone shoot with the 50 Xenon and what is your opinion of the lens?
If
it's a good performer, I have a few options:
        *Repair the camera to fully working spec (I'll have to find another
parts
        body    for this)
        *Graft a LTM- M adapter onto the back of the Xenon lens barrel
helical and
        shim it to the proper registration distance for use on my M4
        *Set the lens elements in a user 50mm helical and use it with RF
coupling
        (I'm thinking of using one of several Russian lens barrels for the
donor)

I'm looking forward to shooting with old uncoated "superspeed" optic from
just
after WWII and any advice you have to offer would be very appreciated.

Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Opinions on a lens?)