Subject: [Leica] Dead Pixel Line M8 returned
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Fri Nov 30 18:48:45 2007

Hello Luggers,
My replacement M8 with the dead pixel line has returned from Germany
with a new CCD. I picked it up yesterday from Schmidt and will be out
testing it shortly. The technician told me that he carried the camera
to Solms himself and had training on repairing M8s. While he was
training my M8 was repaired and then he brought it back with him. He
told me that shortly they will be able to repair M8s in Hong Kong. I
hope I will not need to use the service. It does puzzle me that Leica
can't produce a repaired camera with a whistle clean CCD. I have seen
the clean room in Solms where the cameras are assembled and I was
surprised that there were dust spots on my new CCD. Still, I guess I
should be grateful for the personalized service and I am very pleased
to have my own camera back. Now to see how it works.
Cheers
Howard