Subject: [Leica] war paint portraits
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Nov 29 12:53:38 2007

As well you should be. A lovely formal portrait.
I must say, however, that the photographs, in this series, which put
the subject into an environment, preferably their own, carry
significantly more power for me.
The image of the elder gentleman at his kitchen table - sticks with
me - in a way that this one will not.

Just as I loved Irving Penn's bikers; yet, found deeper truths from
the work of Danny Lyon's and Bruce Davidson's treatment of the subject.

The true environmental portraits punctuate the subject's words with
an exclamation mark! The studio portraits tend to imply a period.

obviously a subjective 2 pesos

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com