Subject: [Leica] commenting on photos and dodging the flames....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Nov 29 12:15:39 2007

i've been on this list since ... sweet barking cheese ... like 1998. in
the very beginning, i looked at _every single photo_ people posted to
the lug. why? because nobody posted images to the lug back in those
days. scanning was a pita, storage and hosting was a problem, etc.
people on the lug bickered about camera bags, they bickered about lens
tests, and whatever else. i looked at every photo, i commented all the
time, so did lots of other people and ... fast forward 9 years -- this
list is LITTERED with photos -- there's no way i could keep up if i were
unemployed with a frame relay connection and four monitors.

saints be praised.

i'm so happy that people are now bickering about their photos, because
it means we're a bunch of photographers, not camera collectors. (okay,
that too, but we sure as heck talk about a lot more photos than we ever
did in the past.)

as ted grant would say:

GOOD ON YOU, LUG, good on you.

kc