Subject: [Leica] A new toy <Kinda OT>
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Nov 28 08:17:24 2007

Yes...I had one for my 400 2.8.  It works fine but it acts as a 1.3x
teleconverter and looses about 1 stop of light. The reason for the lens
is that the FD line had a very short lens to film distance, shorter than
most if not all other brands.  Also the adapter was designed to only
work on the long fast glass.  Kind of a bridge solution for people who
were invested in expensive long glass to bridge from FD to EOS less
painfully at first.  The canon made converters are somewhat rare, hard
to find and expensive.  Mine was some kinda off brand.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography

Message from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] A new toy <Kinda OT>)