Subject: [Leica] a Leica D lens 4/3 question
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Nov 25 11:07:01 2007

Hi Steve,

I was somewhat tempted by the 25mm, but in the end decided to get the
30mm Sigma 1.4, and I have been very pleased with it. It is the best
aftermarket lens I have ever owned.

As for R-Oly adapters, there is some guy on the Olympus mailing list
who is sourcing some focus confirmation chips from Russia and
sticking them onto adapters (although I think these are OM-lenses to
E adapters), but to be honest, it sounds a bit dodgy. I use my 100mm
Apo Macro on the E410 without too many missed shots (there are two
handheld macro shots in my my most recent PAW, shot with this lens on
the Olympus). Of course, it helps that I tend to shoot at the wide
apertures, but on the other hand I think that the viewfinder on your
E3 is better than the one on my E410. So I would just focus (pun
intended) on getting a quality adapter, and forget about focus
confirmation.

Cheers,
Nathan