Subject: [Leica] IMGS - Below the National Gallery - Corrected URL
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 25 10:34:44 2007

Robert D. Baron offered:

And then Ted wrote:

> Holy Mackerel Bob,

> The full frame is the picture man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

And then Geoff and Len piled on....

<sigh> ;-)

Which proves again I guess that we are our own worst editors.

Hi Bob,

You must have missed that in "Being a Photographer 101! Chapter 1, page 2
para 4, EDITING YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS!" ;-)

When Ted observed:

> And I bet you screwed around for some time trying to crop this to bring
the

> girls out more as I explained from looking at your cropped image.

'Practice Practice Practice'.<<<<<<<

And that's what it's all about. Shooting, shooting and more shooting! As
Kyle Cassidy says.. "Keep punching the button it'll come unstuck!"

But that's the great bonus of shooting digital..... "YOU LEARN BY DOING!!"
It doesn't cost a gazillion dollars for film and processing which can be
quite a deterrent for many weekend warriors. Sometimes pros.

But there isn't any question we as photographers are our own worst editing
enemies. Of course we have the dumb ass "so perfects" that believe no one
else can edit their work as well as they can.... They are always wrong! It's
surprising how fresh non involved at the time of exposure editors see things
that make one look bloody marvelous, that the shooter missed for any number
of reasons!

New eyes, new selections! Rarely fails! Better photographic moments are
found!

>>Which is how I produced the two following versions of the (slightly

cropped) full frame image:

http://www.bobbaron.com/DC_Oct07/W_L1004200Edit4FF.jpg

or  http://tinyurl.com/25slqj

http://www.bobbaron.com/DC_Oct07/W_L1004200Edit4FFD100.jpg

or  http://tinyurl.com/yp5d5k

which can be compared with my original crop:

http://www.bobbaron.com/DC_Oct07/W_L1004200KidsLine.jpg

or

http://tinyurl.com/279kjc
<http://tinyurl.com/279kjc%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c> <<<<<<<<

Good tries but my gut still rides with the full frame. :-)

ted