Subject: [Leica] OT mail program help please
From: hartzell at alerce.com (George Hartzell)
Date: Wed Nov 21 12:01:17 2007

Steve Barbour writes:
 > >> sorry LUG, I'm posting  OT, as follows,   but I need some advice
 > >> re... an e-mail program...
 >
 > >> I have been using Mail.app in OSX (now Leopard) for a long
 > >> time....I have many thousands of stored e-mail messages...
 > >>
 > >> I am looking for a new mail program...that will be ideal for me.
 > >>
 > >> To be ideal, it must have the following key features...
 > >>
 > >> 1.mature and robust
 > >> 2.OSX/mail.app compatible
 > >> 3.able to import mail.app messages
 > >> 4.opens and stores mail.app Mbox messages
 > >> 5.that will store mail as searchable messages, not in mbox format
 > >> 6.easily searchable
 > >> 7.allows easy removal of duplicate messages
 > >> 8.compatible with address book
 > >> 9.spamsieve compatible
 > >>
 > >> Does such a program exist?
 > >>
 > >> If so,  what program best fills the bill?

Hi Steve,

Could you say a few words why you *don't* like Apples mail.app?  It
seems to fill most of your requirements above (don't know about 7 and
9)....

Knowing why mail.app doesn't work for you might help people make
useful suggestions.

g.

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] OT mail program help please)