Subject: [Leica] Loving Lightroom Part Deux
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Wed Nov 21 06:40:20 2007

Which profile are you speaking of?  The color profile for editing or the
paper profile.

LR uses ProPhoto for editing (in essence) - a wide gamut space.

For printing, it will use the profile you select from the pop up for color
printing if you want LR to manage the colors (recommended).  And it took me
awhile to realize that you let the printer manage the print for ABW mode -
the profiles one downloads from the paper manufacturers are for color only.

LR uses a very simple color management experience compared to PS, and thank
goodness for that.  It does not have soft proofing, and that is something we
are thinking about, but many demanding printers get as good a prints from LR
as from PS - and without all the clutter and confusion.

PS printing, IMHO, is a pretty lousy experience.