Subject: [Leica] OT mail program help please
From: pkolodny at fibertel.com.ar (Pablo Kolodny)
Date: Wed Nov 21 06:15:11 2007

Steve,

I think the *right* email client Mac users feel much better with is
Mailsmith.
It does feature all of those 9 conditions you're talking of though I'm not
sure it is compatible with Address Book.

Mac users do like this app because, mainly, it follows apple scripts and it
is made by and for Apple users.

I can't assure that it is Address Book compatible because I really don't
use, despite I'm a Mac user too. I didn't get used to it which requires some
time and I'm not that a patient guy. So I stayed with Entourage which works
more than fine for me and does feature all that you're asking for.
Though sometimes Entourage fails at the time of applying rules.

On the other hand, Mailsmith complements well with Spam Sieve.

One thing I don't know yet is how it works with Leopard. Though I'd bet they
sorted it out. Already.
You better check at

http://www.barebones.com/products/mailsmith/

from that site:

Mailsmith feature highlights
    ?    Organize and process email
    ?    Handle spam
    ?    Text-only email
    ?    Streamlined email creation
    ?    Extensive AppleScript support
    ?    BBEdit-powered text editing and transformation
    ?    Integrated support for PGP 8
    ?    Works with Apple Address Book
    ?    Mac OS X technology support
    ?    Flexible email account management
    ?    Easy transition
    ?    More Good Stuff!

so it does work with Address Book

regards

Pablo

kididdoc@cox.net wrote:

>>> sorry LUG, I'm posting  OT, as follows,   but I need some advice
>>> re... an e-mail program...
>
>>> I have been using Mail.app in OSX (now Leopard) for a long
>>> time....I have many thousands of stored e-mail messages...
>>>
>>> I am looking for a new mail program...that will be ideal for me.
>>>
>>> To be ideal, it must have the following key features...
>>>
>>> 1.mature and robust
>>> 2.OSX/mail.app compatible
>>> 3.able to import mail.app messages
>>> 4.opens and stores mail.app Mbox messages
>>> 5.that will store mail as searchable messages, not in mbox format
>>> 6.easily searchable
>>> 7.allows easy removal of duplicate messages
>>> 8.compatible with address book