Subject: [Leica] Leica Digital and sports
From: leica1 at robsteve.com (Robert G. Stevens)
Date: Sun Nov 18 08:48:32 2007

Ted:

I don't do this at the professional level anymore, but if Leica
needed somebody to test their new SLR at the Olympics, I think I
could find the time :)  I remember your story about the broken 400mm
lenses.  One of those original prototypes showed up on Ebay a few
months ago.  I make sure that I use a monopod with the 3/8" stud when
using my 400mm.

The DMR is probably as durable as the R8 with motors.  There really
isn't any moving parts in the DMR except the winder and the little
dials you spin to change things.  I would assume the winder part of
it is just using existing parts from the motors used in the film cameras.

The frame rate is another thing.  The DMR is lucky to get off two
frames per second.  Here is an example with four or five frames per
second would be handy.  Even with the coming R10, I would expect any
more than 5fps, most likely 3.5fps.

Here he comes in to catch the pass from the QB.  He fumbles it and
gets tackled in the missing frames between these two shots.
http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/2/2/L1020051.jpg

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/2/2/L1020052.jpg

Regards,

Robert