Subject: [Leica] IMG: Digital Darkrooms
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat Nov 17 14:37:42 2007

Philippe,

I can't give up the old Western Electric phone.  First, I have a hearing
loss, and this phone has an amplified receiver, powered by the phone line.
Secondly, in years past, we have had ice storms and lost electric power for
several days at a time.  This phone works during power outages, when modern
phones are silent.

Yes, I feel that I maintain a tight budget, but my wife sees new (used)
gadgets show up from time to time and wonders about my hobbies.  I have to
explain that I need a new MF/LF scanner to process all of the negatives that
we inherited from HER family.

Thanks for looking.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA