Subject: [Leica] IMG: Print Exchanges
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu Nov 15 04:13:42 2007

Daniel,
The actual spring is under the idol which is draped with garlands, from
where it trickles into the pool where the couple are standing and praying.
After they are through with the prayers, they get doused with water from the
spring:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayanand/216094702/

Wading through the water is strictly optional. The rest of us go around the
pool and have the spring water sprinkled on our heads with the leaves of the
mango tree.

The water drains off from the pool and forms a stream which becomes the
River Cauvery. There are more photographs of that part of India (Kodagu or
Coorg) in the set that I have linked above.

Cheers
Jayanand