Subject: [Leica] Slide Scanner vs Slide Duplicator
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Nov 11 06:08:11 2007

Tina,

I went through the same exercise just two weeks ago but with Velvia
50 slides. I compared the Nikon CS9000 scanner to the Canon 5D with
Nikon 55mm macro and Nikon slide copy attachment. The contrast came
out nearly identical in both cases with the scan very slightly
sharper. I could only see the detail differences with a full screen
view on my 20" Apple monitor. I had to bring up the shadows in both
cases to improve (decrease) the apparent contrast.

To me your web photos look similar to my experiment. I like the color
of the 5D copy but can see a couple areas where the scan has a little
more detail. I can't see a significant difference in contrast. I
can't explain why your original tiff's are that much different.

Len