Subject: [Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Nov 9 21:46:40 2007

So my grandson (21yrs.) says, "G'pa I know you're a Leica photographer and
rave about the M8 digital. I'm going to Europe next spring for a six week
tour & I want to take lots of pictures to show when I get back. Which camera
should I buy? The Canon G9 or the Leica M8?

Think about it carefully folks. He already has a well paying job, not
extravagant, but good. He likes picture taking, "I can't imagine why?" ;-)
He has the "gut feeling" to what works and what doesn't work
photographically. I think I was a bit of an influence. ;-)

When he was a kid he'd "buffalo" prints in the darkroom during days of the
wet tray processing. So he's experienced in both film and digital. Used an
M6 a few times and always said it was, "Cool!" And he has some DSLR
experience with his Mom's digital camera.

So how do you think I responded? A sort of weekend challenge.

ted

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8?)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8?)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Canon G9 or Leica M8?)