Subject: [Leica] IMG: Iranian Bakery
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu Nov 8 21:00:40 2007

Tina,

>More Iranian photos from my files.  Still ancient film, too soft,
>grainy - but maybe of interest historically?

These are great Tina - they're your early work.  We all have it.  Many of us
never progress past that stage.  They are interesting full stop - no
qualifiers needed.

I am down on record somewhere as having answered the question 'where was
this photograph taken?' with 'in the past'.  Anyone who has read Nabokov's
'The Real Life of Sebastian Knight' may recognise this from the conversation
between V. and the ghostly jewish apparition V. meets on a train.  All
photos are immediately historical, whether we like it or not.  All we have
is the past.

Marty

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/main.php?g2_itemId=7617

Most people can only judge of things by the experiences of ordinary life,
but phenomena outside the scope of this are really quite numerous.
        Shen Kuo - 'Dream Pool Essays'

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?