Subject: [Leica] Changing eyes, M focusing
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Thu Nov 8 08:12:11 2007

Peter,
Not sure if this is relevant but,  my focusing problem is due to an
irregular astigmatism post lasik which made it impossible for me to see
fine detail in the viewfinder.  I tried the 1.15x on an MP which work very
well until I looked down and it was gone.  On an M8 I fear it would be of
little value.   I found it helped most with the 50mm focal length.

Recently I went to progressives (Zeiss brand, made by expert lens makers)
and the result has been much much better then the 1.15x.  There may have
been much improvement in progressives in the last ten years.  I suppose it
depends on the level of correction you need, I'm currently at 20/40 with
stig in my focus eye.
Chris