Subject: [Leica] Bass-o-matic?
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Wed Nov 7 07:37:24 2007

Slobo:

I don't think that the Bass-o-matic shelves are tall enough.

It's big, (18 inches tall) and it's heavy, but I find it's easier to get
the shots that I want with it than this one from about a year and one
half ago.
<http://www.half-fast.com/>

It worked well but it was difficult to hold a composition when having to
set the aperture, wind the shutter, insert the filmholder and remove the
darkslide, all before shooting the photo.

So that's why I made a TLR, I can compose with everything else set...
even the focus 'cause I'm working with a very small aperture.

I still need to adjust the upper lensboard back a bit as it is partially
seen by the taking lens.  You can see it on the upper edge of both photos.

Jim

Message from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov) ([Leica] The FishFlex 4x5 TLR is now operational)