Subject: [Leica] dang! everyone looks like a star in the 85 1.8 (orthe 75 1.4 if you can focus it)
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Nov 6 23:20:27 2007

Mark, I still have that diminutive manual focus f2 85 Nikkor as well. I
don't follow on your comment that the AF 1.8 85 ought to be
sharper because it is a more modern design. Understood that AF can be a
great convenience, I'm just talking about element design and
configuration. The old one is all glass and metal construction firstly,
beautifully put together and damped. Updating meant lighter
construction and damping (for AF) lots of plastic and cheaper to put
together a gazillion of them.
Anyhoo, that's enough Nikon prattle from me.

Hoppy
Saving for the ON TOPIC 75 f2 asph!