Subject: [Leica] 16-16-15 lens comparison
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Nov 6 05:02:31 2007

Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:

>> Lottermoser George <imagist3@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have the 15 Super Elmar (not the 2.8). I find it a lovely lens and
>>> a fine performer. I have little to "compare" it to.
>>> Don't have the WATE or Nikon 14 etc..
>>> I also have the 15 Heliar. What sort of comparison do you seek?

>> flare & distortion at least, full frame preferable.  I find it a bit odd
>> those made by Cosina, Nikon, Canon and others but no R
>>
>> Doug Herr
>> Birdman of Sacramento
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com
>>

>I can give you 7,975 reasons.
>
>That's a lot of reasons!
>
>Mark William Rabiner
>markrabiner.com

No question of its price but this thread has included statements such as :

"The 14's for the SLR's, the zooms that go down to 16 or 17 all have
serious distortion. The best is probably the 12-24 f/4-5.6 Sigma."

Leica sells a 15mm f/2.8 (made by Schneider) for the R cameras and according
to some reports its distortion is very low.  It ought to be at least
mentioned, for some people the low distortion will override the high price.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] 16-16-15 lens comparison)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 16-16-15 lens comparison)