Subject: [Leica] ISO 1600
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Nov 5 09:35:05 2007

Daniel Ridings offered:

before I trusted it for very much too.

http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/DSC_0037.jpg.html
<http://dlridings.se/gallery/v/Shoebox/2007v44/DSC_0037.jpg.html%3c%3c%3c%3c
> <<<<

Hello Daniel,

Given we've both worked film for many years with our finished product a
print, it's still my final "test if you like" on whether a digi-cam cuts it
or not at high ASA 1600-3200.

I attempt to produce the best image on screen, then without further fiddling
I go right to a 13 X 19 size print. If I had a larger printer I'd go as big
as possible. Even if 8.5 X 11 were to be the final size required. Simply
because the look of the print and subject is still the most important out
come of our photography.

By the look of your test as it appears on the screen at 1600 works fine.
Another thing I've learned is, don't trust, "how well a photograph looks on
one screen compared another screen." Or in the case of the LUG, a thousand
screens! :-)

Your daughter looks wonderful from this side of the pond. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] ISO 1600)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] ISO 1600)