Subject: [Leica] Week 41 meeting Hoppy
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Nov 4 15:15:32 2007

Hi Michiel, you've put together a very enjoyable gallery and one that calls
up some pleasant memories of our get together. After
reading your post, I just rechecked my bag to make sure that the 50 asph is
still in there! I must investigate getting into this
type of blog format, too. Nice to be able to share some text as part of the
story. You've shown pleasing results from the FP4 and
Tri-X in the Xtol, crisp and contrasty.
Now for some comments on the individual photographs.
Already I have received a rather unkind note off-list regarding my face in
front of the old master's painting ;-)
Autumn sun works well. It could be a Luis street photo and that is a
compliment to both of you, of course.
Bicycle parking is a good rendition. Interesting to see what each photog did
with this scene.
Nice to see the pics of everyone with cameras out. A good showcase of the
trip, I think. I like the  banner of faces behind Meino,
Elsje and Sander.
 The shot of the angular scaffolding etc in semi-silhouette works really
well.
Good catch with my hand dipping into the nibbles with Sander. Hmmm, I think
I have one of you here tilting back a beer with Anton.
Lovely use of the light on the close-up of Bron (and the other portraits). I
hope she likes it or she will hunt you down (and Bron
can leg press 300kg!) These would be with your Jupiter 85? It works really
well in your hands.
Finally, of the dinner shots, I am jealous of your pic of Philippe. I only
managed to grab one frame at an eighth of a second. You
must have found some more light. Note that you can see at least five of the
different Belgian dishes in front of him, even if they
weren't authentic!

Thanks so much for sharing these and the outing and dinner together. I hope
that we can do it again.

Cheers
Geoff
(hoppy)